IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
Hi everyone, I have just joined and I know it is late to give answer but It is never too late. Maybe it will helpfull to upcoming readers like me. I was red an articles about project management certification and I would like th share with others. http://projectmanagementexperts.org/top-certifications-project-management-pmi/
The Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Scrum Alliance offer the most recognized certifications. Both are methodology specific.
The PMI offers a number of certifications for traditional project management methods. They include:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)®
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
• Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
• PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
• PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
You can learn more about these certifications at http://www.pmi.org.
The Scrum Alliance offers certification for those working in an Agile environment and are practicing Scrum methodologies. They include:
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
• Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
• Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
• Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
You can learn more about these certifications at http://www.scrumalliance.org.