IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
Netflix should buy you some time to find some suggestions, at least. Beyond that, I would think a mix of entertainment and productivity applications would be something she would appreciate. Here are 5 apps that I would install in no particular order (of course everyone is different):
1. Duolingo. I find I use tablets as a time killer very often. This let’s me kill time while honing my German speaking skills. Other languages are available, of course. It’s rewarding and fun.
2. News 360 - a nice newsfeed aggregator/curator.
3. Day One Journal - a slick diary/journal app. It’s not something that everyone will love but if she is the type of person that enjoys recording the details of her life in prose and image, I’d wager she will like this.
4. Mint. Keep track of finances. It’s neat to see my income and expenses in chart form .
5. Snapseed - photo editing app. Easy to use interface, good results.