IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
You can either sync your Blackberry contacts to your Gmail account and use the same Gmail account on your iPhone or just use phone transfer app to transfer contacts and SMS from BB to the iPhone or any other iOS device. This tool can transfer data from one to another in a few mouse clicks.
Follow this tutorial and follow the 2nd method to transfer data from your BB to iPhone.
On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Microsoft Exchange’. Enter your Gmail username and password when you’re asked. Now, in the ‘Server’ field, type m.google.com and select ‘Yes’ to sync contacts and calendars.
That should do it! You can also download the InTouch app on both phones, which will let you share contacts between the two. Other solution try phone transfer program:How to transfer contacts from blackberry to iPhone 5
This works great for me. I'd highly recommeneds this way.
You can still use BIS to synch Google Calendar, Gmail, and contacts. You can also still use Google Apps Connector for Blackberry Enterprise Server to sync devices if you use BES. Here is a LINK to the relevant Google page. There is no need to pay for unnecessary software.
Most of the above mentioned methods will not going to work simply because Google Sync app for Blackberry is no longer availbale. But still you can transfer contact list and sms from your blackberry phone to any iPhone via a transfer tool.
You just need to backup your blackberry data to your computer with the Blackberry Desktop software and then use software to transfer data from the backup file to your iPhone.
There used to several ways to solve the problem you mentioned. Howver, a lot of things changed as 2 years passed. I have tested the answers provided by previous contributors, but one of them worked on iPhone 5S. Here is a simple way I figured out myself:
Step1: Make a backup of your Blackberry device using Blackberry desktop software
Step 2: Connect your device to a computer an install Androidsoft Phone to Phone Transfer
Step3: Select the contacts you'd like to transfer and start copying it to iPhone.
Forgive me if this isn't right, but I've literally never used a Blackberry. Can you use the Blackberry desktop manager to import them to your PC? If you can, once you have them in a program, you can export them into VCards, which you can then import on iCloud.com > Contacts. Then enable iCloud contacts on your device. The key thing is to get them off the Blackberry and onto a computer. From there, there is more than one way to get them on your iPhone, that's: How to transfer contacts from blackberry to iPhone
I also used the program that PodoGelbert recommended, it works great!
I finally said goodbye to my Blackberry Torch and hello to the new iPhone 5s. I’m happy with my decision; I have no regrets getting the iPhone. I transferred my contact list and text messages from my BlackBerry to iPhone 5s pretty easily with the Mobile Trans software.
You just need to create a backup of your Blackberry phone with Blackberry desktop software and then you can use this mobile trans program to transfer your Blackberry contacts and text messages to your iPhone.
Hope this will help others who are switching from Blackberry to iPhone
Unless you are syncing your BlackBerry contacts to an online service such as Gmail or Exchange, you would need to pass via a computer as an intermediary device. To transfer your contacts:
1. Use the Blackberry Desktop Manager in order to transfer your BlackBerry contacts to your computer:
2. Follow this recent users' guide in order to transfer your BlackBarry contacts to your iPhone once you have your contacts on your computer
To transfer contacts from Brackerry to iPhone:
- Connect your old Phone to iTunes on your PC/Mac and sync - In the Info menu, ensure your contacts are set to sync
- In the iTunes device list: Right click on your iPhone and select 'Backup' from the context menu allow the backup to complete.
- Connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your current iPhone)
- iTunes will ask you if you want to 'Restore from a backup' or set up your new iPhone as a new phone.
- Select 'Restore from a backup' - Choose the most recent backup of your current iPhone (if prompted)
- Sync your new iPhone to receive the backup information and your contacts.
Buddy, question is about How to Transfer BlackBerry Contacts to iPhone but the steps you mentioned are about how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. Anyways, it is possible to transfer contacts and SMS from BlackBerry to iPhone via mobiletrans software. You just need to follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Backup your blackberry data to your PC via BlackBerry Desktop software
2. Install the MobileTrans, launch it on your PC and connect your iPhone via USB cable
3. Click on the "Restore" button and transfer data from blackberry backup file to your iPhone
For more details or to download mobiletrans software, you can checkout this page: http://www.easyphonerecovery.com/transfer-data-from-one-phone-to-another.html
However,you have to notice that create a Google account and syncing contacts from iPhone to Google account is not as simple as it is mentioned here. Locally stored contacts may or may not sync to your Google account. In fact, usually the reverse happens: contacts from your Google account will pollute your iPhone. Google has bad habit of accumulating every email you have ever received or sent! Making the entire thing a mess.
The easiest way is to download a google app and use it to sync your BB contacts and calendar entries with Google Apps, then use that to Sync up with your iPhone. There was a recent set of instructions on how to do this, so I've copied them for you:
1. On your blackberry, go to: www.google.com/mobile/sync and click the Download App to the right for Blackberry. Enter your cell phone number
2. Click the Google Sync icon after the install, enter your Gmail account (create one if you don’t have one) or Google Apps account. Keep in mind your contacts as well as calendar entries will be merged in your Google account. If you want to keep it separate, create a new Gmail account.
3. Click the Sync button and wait until your contacts are uploaded to Google.
4. On your computer, go to www.google.com/contacts and make sure your Blackberry contacts are all there.
5. On your new iPhone, go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Add Account->Microsoft Exchange
6. Email/username: enter your full Gmail address; Server: type in: m.google.com; and leave Domain blank.
Select contacts to be synced (along with calendars and gmail messages) to your iPhone.
That should help get you set up. Good luck!