IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
Hi, I had this problem days ago and finally got out of it successfully. First you need to end the running MSOSYNC.EXE process from Task Manager. Then you should delete the cache folder in the system, your PC will later create one again. This is the post I got help from http://blog.doohelp.com/how-to-fix-office-document-cache-error-in-window... that I have bookmarked.
Hope this helps you as well :)
It sounds like your cache is corrupted, and unfortunately, that means you will probably need to delete the cache. Try these steps (from Microsoft forums):
"1. Clear all IE browsing history.
2. Stop syncing all SkyDrive Pro folders (move away current folders to avoid duplicate renamed folders) for the client in question.
3. Close all your Office processes, such as groove.exe which is OneDrive,msouc.exe, msosync.exe, office library sync via Task manager.
4. Browse to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Spw" and delete all the content. You will find that this is all related to groove, and spw equals SharePoint Workspace.
5. Go to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OfficeFileCache" and also delete all content of this folder. This is where all the cache of your files are stored.(it's ok if one or two items cannot be deleted).
6. After completing the above mentioned steps, please start OneDrive Pro via using "Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\GROOVE.EXE" or type "groove" in the Search programs and files filed in Start, then launch the groove).
7. Re-sync your library.
For the detailed information, you can refer to:"