IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
2. Under PC settings, tap or click General.
3. Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
4. On the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
5. Tap or click Startup Settings.
6. Tap or click Restart.
7. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want. (Safe mode in this case)
8. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-in...
You can start windows 8 in safe mode by following this link : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-in...