IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
Probably the easiest and most effective thing you can do is enable 2-step verification for your Apple ID.
1. Go to Apple ID website and sign into your account.
2. Click on "Password and Security."
3. You should see a heading for "Two-Step Verification." Click on the "get started" link.
4. Follow the instructions there to set it up.
5. Note that there will be a few day delay before 2-step verification becomes active. Apple should send you an email telling you when it will take effect.