IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
You certainly don't need to purchase software, so watch out for hucksters hawking snake oil - epub soft seems to be one of the worst at this, and I always tell everyone to avoid them. Anyway, this is a cut and paste from another questions here on ITworld.
The easiest way is to download a google app and use it to sync your BB contacts and calendar entries with Google Apps, then use that to Sync up with your iPhone. There was a recent set of instructions on how to do this, so I've copied them for you:
1. On your blackberry, go to: www.google.com/mobile/sync and click the Download App to the right for Blackberry. Enter your cell phone number
2. Click the Google Sync icon after the install, enter your Gmail account (create one if you don’t have one) or Google Apps account. Keep in mind your contacts as well as calendar entries will be merged in your Google account. If you want to keep it separate, create a new Gmail account.
3. Click the Sync button and wait until your contacts are uploaded to Google.
4. On your computer, go to www.google.com/contacts and make sure your Blackberry contacts are all there.
5. On your new iPhone, go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Add Account->Microsoft Exchange
6. Email/username: enter your full Gmail address; Server: type in: m.google.com; and leave Domain blank.
Select contacts to be synced (along with calendars and gmail messages) to your iPhone.