IDG Answers is a community of experts who are passionate about technology. Ask a question or answer one below.
Make your sure that whether your office wifi connection requires ip address or not ? You can check this by following steps:
1) open control panel > Network and internet > network and sharing center > change adapter settings(topright) > right click on Wireless network connection > properties > double click on IPV4
You can either put the IP address as provided by your office IPS or you may remove it , in case it doesn't require.
Hope it works !! :)
I suggest to perform these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1) Temporary disable firewall and antivirus on your PC
2) Reinstall or update your NIC driver.
3) Disable IPV6
4) Check the NETBIOS of TCP/IP is enable or not
5) Furthermore, you can go to computer management\device manger, select Network adapters and press view\show hidden devices, remove all unnecessary network drivers.
I would check a few things. Make sure your laptop’s wireless network card is set to automatically receive an IP address. If not, clear your current IP and DNS settings and let them be set automatically. Also make sure that the latest drivers for your wireless network card are installed.
If that doesn’t work, check to make sure that you wireless card supports the transmit mode used by the router (802.11b, 802.11c, 802.11n). If it doesn’t, the wireless mode on the router would need to be changed. Also, check to see if MAC address filtering is enabled on the router and add your laptop if necessary. Other than that, about all you can do is make sure the firmware is up to date on the router. There is a chance that your laptop’s wireless card in incompatible with the router.